As you are aware, this season is all about making a statement…yes I have said it a couple of times before! Statement dresses made a comeback on the catwalk for this Spring Summer season and it’s a great way to wear your favourite trend. Giles and Gucci used arty strokes, Lanvin and Rochas used the metallic trend for statement dresses, Stella McCartney kept it pretty by using lace and cut-out whilst Tom Ford, Saint Laurent and Marc Jacobs used glitz and glam, knowing there is no better to make a statement than with a bit of sparkle and of course bodycon. With so many summer events and parties like weddings, Christenings, press launches and of course the odd red carpet event thrown in, there is always a need for a statement dress. Here is my selection of top 10 statement dresses for summer ♥
- Ribbed Bandage Bodycon Dress £57 from Topshop, perfect for a day or night event in a gorgeous pretty pastel hue.
- Ciara Swift Lace Dress £195 from Reiss, I love this dress for a day event or casual with summer flats. Reiss have a huge feel for white textured fabrics this season.
- Taylee Dress £159 from Reiss, the perfect LBD for summer and a great transitional piece for winter
- Metallic Cutaway Dress £30 from Topshop, if you love the metallic dress you will love this dress, with cutaway detailing on the shoulders for a sexy summer look. Shimmer on a summer evening!
- French Connection lace insert dress £120 from Selfridges, an LBD with lace detailing to make a summer statement in the evening.
- Marc by Marc Jacobs dress £400 from Selfridges, mixed punchy floral print dress, monochrome with pop brights…all in one dress. Wear with flats in the day then for the evening team it with huge heels and some statement jewellery.
- Sahara Wave Dress £110 from French Connection, this is one of my favourite purchases this season and I cannot believe I haven’t worn it yet! This is a great dress for the day with flat shoes and a big bag and then for the evening teamed with a clutch, big heels and a statement necklace. I love the subtle hint of neon running through the monochrome print.
- Stella McCartney Lace Dress £2,300 from Selfridges, everyone was wowed with Miranda Kerr and Cara Delevingne walked down the Stella McCartney catwalk in lace dresses. If you can be a part of that then why not!
- Paper Dolls colour block dress £49 from ASOS, a classic silhoutte with subtle lace detailing. All it needs a pair of black heels and you are on the road to elegantly chic for the evening.
- Clover Canyon cigar granny dress £270 from Selfridges, a vibrant floral print on a digital print background giving a very artistic print on print effect. This dress definitely scream statement!
Which are your favourite statement dresses for summer? Please comment below and let us know!
You don’t want to miss the next article! Sign up to Secret Style File (top right) to get articles, reviews and news sent straight to your inbox in true fashionista style. If you’re a total socialite then follow me on twitter and Facebook as well (still top right) Don’t forget to check the ‘Offers’ page for the latest discount codes ❤