The sun is finally out and that means Spring is here, even if there are snow showers in between meaning mum’s confused about what outfits to dress their little ones in! With an ever growing red carpet full of award ceremonies and all the fashions weeks, there has been no time for baby style, but with less than a week to until Global Kids Fashion Week it’s time we looked into the Spring/Summer trend predictions for kidswear.
As the fashion world has gone crazy for monochrome this season, kidswear feels the same about white with pintucked details and lace trimmings. Gingham was also seen on most of the catwalks, in colour combinations of green and white, black and white, yellow and white and pink and white, usually in big bold checks like we saw by Marc Jacobs for Louis Vuitton at last year’s Paris Fashion Week. Neon accessories styled with outfits seems to be a key trend for Spring, colour does look great on kids and they love neon. As well as neon there are pop brights; electric blues, greens, pinks, sunny yellow and reds are all strong this season as seen in the collaboration with Diane Von Furstenberg and Gap. Some of the main catwalk shows used pastel and sorbet coloured backdrops so these colours are also key for Spring/Summer.
For print, ditsy small florals and romantic roses have been popular and seen on the Gucci catwalks, as well as cutesy bow and ice cream prints. Mixing China blue and white for print has also been key for fabrics this season. For boys, there has been more tropical and Hawaiian prints. Cartoon style graphic tees are still proving to be popular amongst designers dressed with little curved hem shorts a la Stella McCartney.
For girls, tunics over cropped leggings is huge and you can never go wrong with a tutu ♥ Volume on dresses and skirts is given by fine pleats and puffy gathering. For boys, it’s a smarter look with waistcoats and jackets in linen dressed with striped knitwear.
- Ideal Magazine ♥ Paris Fashion Week Round Up (secretstylefile.wordpress.com)
- Ideal Magazine ♥ Milan Fashion Week Round Up (secretstylefile.wordpress.com)
- London Debut for Global Kids Fashion Week (secretstylefile.wordpress.com)
- Paris Fashion Week Fashionistas ♥ (secretstylefile.wordpress.com)
- Home Style ♥ Monochrome (secretstylefile.wordpress.com)
- Ideal Magazine ♥ New York Fashion Week Round Up (secretstylefile.wordpress.com)
- Stepping into the Season ♥ Spring/Summer Trend Guide (secretstylefile.wordpress.com)
- Chanel at Paris Fashion Week (secretstylefile.wordpress.com)
- Child models gear up for the first Global Kids Fashion Week in London (fashion.telegraph.co.uk)
- J’Adore Jessica Alba’s Paris Fashion Week Style: Here’s How To Get Her Front Row Fashion (graziadaily.co.uk)
- Top Summer Style Essentials – Metro