I am getting ready for the new season ahead and updating my wardrobe with some classic styles that will see me through from one season to the next. This is how I make the most out of sale shopping, rather than buying items just because they are in the sale and caught my eye last season. This week I starting off browsing the French Connection sale and before I knew it I had 10 items in my shopping basket! Here are my top French Connection sale picks ♥
For me, it’s about picking out the key pieces for my wardrobe which I know I will love and that I can wear with other items in my existing wardrobe. Then I can add accessories and add items that are more trend focussed once we are in season.
- Moondust Sequin Dress, was £150 now £45 – sequins and sheer panels, this LBD is perfect for any party or night out. Change around your make-up look, shoes and statement bag to make this your go-to dress.
- Romeo Embellished Jumper, was £100 now £70 – in the UK you pretty much need knitwear until May as we don’t always have the best summers. This is a simple style to wear with jeans or touched into a skirt, with casual flats or super high heels.
- Embossed Leather Bag, was £199 now £79.60 (Grey) or £99.50 (Black) – a classic leather bag that is not too big or too small but just right.
- Danni Lace Detail dress, was £125 now £37.50 – I love navy, it’s such a great alternative to black and it never goes out of season. This is an easy bodycon dress to wear with gorgeous lace detailing on the front and back, the markdown on this item is amazing!
- Rhoda Textured Waistcoat, was £99 and now £69.30 – I think this is such a gorgeous piece to wear in between seasons when you still need some warmth but want to show off your outfit, it would go with so many things.
- Suede Pumps, were £75 now £30 – black pumps are a shoe staple but sometimes it can be difficult to find the right style and cut (they don’t all look the same at all!) so when you see a pair you like grab them!
- Winter Mist Sequin Skirt, was £125 now £37 – ok I am still in party season but most of the time when you are looking for a party outfit you can never find one, so I say when you find something you love get it! Especially when the markdown is this good!
- Trilby Hat, was £45 now £31.50 – having a bad hair day, didn’t have time to do your hair or just feeling like your outfit is missing something? Put on the hat, it adds an instant touch of glamour, celebrity style oh and it will keep your head warm…
- Sequin Maxi Dress, was £250 now £125 – this had to be my statement piece and probably impulse buy but look how pretty! This dress will definitely get you noticed and it’s black so you can change around your hair and make-up for different occasions…
What are your favourite pieces from the French Connection sale? Comment below and let me know, sign up to Secret Style File (top right) to get articles, reviews and tutorials sent straight to your inbox in true fashionista style. If you’re a total socialite then follow me on twitter and Facebook as well (still top right) Don’t forget to check the ‘Offers’ page for the latest discount codes ❤
This post is not sponsored. Some of the links I use may be affiliate links.