The birds have been singing, there are tulips and spring blooms everywhere and in London we have hit up to 18 degrees! It is officially Spring people! Time to embrace those Spring Summer trends in full force and my must-have this month is the T-shirt tunic.
Making an effortless statement, the all new t-shirt shape was seen on the catwalks of designers such as Mulberry, Stella McCartney, Valentino and Dolce & Gabbana. The look is to wear a tunic shaped just like a ‘T’ with elbow length sleeves and loose fit, over jeans, trousers, skirts or for the height of Summer go bare legs. This is a style that can be a clean look in simple white or pastel colours or using other trends such as artistic stroke and pretty florals.
Here my top 5 picks of the all new t-shirt tunic for this season ♥
- French Connection Sahara Wave Dress, £110 – yes I am a little bit obsessed with this dress! I featured it in my Top 10 Statement Dresses post too but it such a great easy piece with a subtle hint of neon. I am wearing as I write this post and I will have some pictures up on Instagram soon…promise! I love the black panel across the shoulders and the lace across the back of the shoulders. For me, it is the French Connection dress of the season.
- Topshop Poppy Placement Shift Dress, £90 – I love the contrast of monochrome and pretty red and pinks in the same flower presented in a hand painted placement print.
- Topshop PU T-shirt Dress, £52 – trendy denim look effect, perfect for spring with a PU coating. Wear with a statement necklace and summer wedges.
- Warehouse Crepe Dress from ASOS, £36 – blush shades and barely there nudes are my weakness in summer or winter. I love this colour! This tunic has a clean cut and one colour all over in a pretty pastel shade for a flattering look.
- Victoria Victoria Beckham Contrast Pocket Dress from Selfridges, £625 – for complete luxury, this dress is a modern update of signature Victoria Beckham styles with a chic colour blocking effect. Other T-shirt tunics I love from Selfridges are the Clover Canyon with a mirrored artistic placement print and the MCQ by Alexander McQueen tunic with a illusion mirror print.
What other t-shirt tunics have you seen? Comment below and tell me what trends or must-have pieces you’d like to see here next.
You don’t want to miss the next article! Sign up to Secret Style File (top right) to get articles, reviews and news sent straight to your inbox in true fashionista style. If you’re a total socialite then follow me on Twitter and Facebook as well (still top right) Don’t forget to check the ‘Offers’ page for the latest discount codes ❤