One of the biggest trends this season is shimmering metallics as seen on the catwalk shows of Lanvin, Roberto Cavalli, Dior and Balmain. It’s time to sparkle in the sunshine and feel good! Let’s face it, everyone loves a bit of sparkle from time to time, a bit of glitter or metallic just makes you shimmer and there is nothing better than a bit of summer shimmer.
Bringing this trend into beauty is so easy, whether you go for full on metallic eyes, a touch of glitter eyeliner or lips and cheeks with a hint of shimmer. As you know I love a bit of sparkle and shimmer! Here are my top picks and some other great products I have thought of along the way ♥
- Nars Shimmer Eyeshadow £18 – this is highly pigmented and long-wearing, if you wet your brush slightly before application the colour is a lot more intense. The powder eyeshadow has a shimmer effect and looks amazing, it comes in quite a few shades. Shop now from John Lewis, Selfridges and HQ hair.
- MAC Extra Dimension Blush £20 – this blush gives a subtle metallic effect to your cheeks and in the sunlight it really shimmers. I also love the Soft & Gentle highlight which I have obsessed over before with you! You can buy the shimmering blush from Debenhams and Selfridges.
- Nails inc Hampstead Court Polish £12 – a polish that is great over different shades or loaded up on it’s own for a full on metallic effect. Buy it now at Debenhams and Selfridges.
- Bobbi Brown Nude Glow Shimmer Brick £35 – this limited edition shimmer brick brightens up your face in an instant. I also love the shimmer brick bronzers for a huge summer beauty trend this season. Shop now at Debenhams, Selfridges and John Lewis.
- Illamasqua Liquid Metal Eye Cream £17.50 – a highly pigmented metallic which adds real sparkle! Shop now at Selfridges.
- Nars Eye Paint £18.50 – a gorgeous light-weight but high impact glitter. I also love the MAC glitter pigments! Shop now at Selfridges, John Lewis and HQ hair.
- Urban Decay Heavy Metal Glitter £14 – I have been using these for years, they are so amazing and last for ages. Great to line the eyes, tips of your eyelashess or all over the lid for full on sparkle! Available at HQ hair and Debenhams.
- Ciaté Party Shoes Paint Pot £9 – a gorgeous glittering gold nail colour for ultimate glamour! Shop now at Selfridges.
- Laura Mercier Sequin Eye Colour £18.50 – it’s all in the name, a sequin eye colour…need I say more? Available from John Lewis and Selfridges.
- Guerlain Kiss Kiss Lipstick £24 – imagine crystal droplets on you lips to give you multi-dimensional sparkle and shine. The perfect Valentines pout! Shop from Selfridges
You don’t want to miss the next article! Sign up to Secret Style File (top right) to get articles, reviews and news sent straight to your inbox in true fashionista style. If you’re a total socialite then follow me on twitter and Facebook as well (still top right) Don’t forget to check the ‘Offers’ page for the latest discount codes ❤