The new Spring Summer collection from River Island finds classic pieces from different eras with modern twists, combining folk pieces with 70s boho, white lace with coloured jacquard and urban glam with sports influences. I love the colour palette which clashes soft pastels with neons and bright whites. As you may know, I am off on holiday soon so have been on the look out for holiday pieces, here is my top 10 holiday essentials from River Island (essentials meaning I need them!)
- Playsuit, £20 – I love throw on styles for holiday and this playsuit is just that, not to mention I am completely obsessed with playsuits right now! I love the pop of colour and this little number can be worn in the day or night.
- Floppy Hat, £28 – this will add instant sophistication to any outfit. I am not usually a hat wearer but sometimes humidity gets the better of you and I like to be prepared for this.
- Caged Sandals, £65 – River Island have always done shoes well, from back in the day when I used to work on the shop floor in Brent Cross (a good 15 years ago now) to now. These shoes are very me and maybe not be ideal for walking a long a sandy beach but perfect for a summer’s night out.
- Lace Top, £28 – as soon as the sun hits the UK, I become a magpie for white tops. The detailing on this top is gorgeous and it can be worn with anything!
- Vintage Print Shorts, £28 – the floral print on these shorts in simply stunning, making them a statement number. Pair them with heels for dinner or flats for the day.
- Statement Necklace, £15 – a necklace like this can add instant glamour to outfits, especially when you are keeping garments simple and non fussy. I love the pastel pop of colour in this statement piece.
- Fringed Clutch bag, £25 – I am totally into fringing this season, for this bag the fringing instantly makes it a statement piece complete with a wrist strap and big enough for your night out essentials.
- Embellished Sandals, £40 – Didn’t I say they do shoes well?? Who doesn’t need a pair of jewelled sandals for holiday, they sparkle in the sunlight and are so easy to wear.
- Lace Studded T-Shirt, £25 – I love this unique piece to throw over your swimsuit or dance the night away at a beach party. It’s over-sized and a glamorous throw on…love!
- Cut-out Swimsuit, £28 – last not least, the swimsuit! This is definitely the type of swimsuit you want to show off and not hide away in the corner. The tropic print is fabulous and the cut-out detailing keeps it sexy.
Comment below and share what you would love to take on holiday with you this season, please be sure to sign up to the blog (top right) and be sure to follow me on Instagram and Twitter for my holiday updates ♥