My first post of 2020! I thought I’d start with skincare as it seems to always be the topic of conversation these days which is great! Cleansing is one of the most important steps of your skincare routine morning and evening. Glowy skin means clean skin, happy skin means clean skin!
I have tried so many different cleansers over that past couple of years but I thought I’d share my top five favourite cleansers with you. These are the ones are I always have on rotation.
Starting with the morning cleansers which for me refresh my skin and prep my skin for the day.
- Estee Lauder Perfectly Clean Multi Action Cleanser – I discovered this about four years ago in a beauty box and instantly loved it! My skin feels so fresh and smooth after use. If I need extra hydration or a quick skin boost I leave it on for 2-3 minutes while I brush my teeth then wash it off with warm water. I have a small travel sized version of this too so it can always come with me when I’m travelling. I love the creamy texture of this cleanser, it foams slightly but doesn’t dry out your skin at all. If I’m having a bad skin day or week this is the cleanser I will always come back to because I know my skin loves it!
- Samaya Ayurvedic Hydrating Cleanser – I have only been using this for about a year and I love it! Based on Ayurvedic principles this range works with your natural skin dosha and mine is pitta. I think this works best when applied onto only slightly wet skin with dry hands and then massaging into your skin to feel the balm like texture. Once you wash off with water your skin is left feeling like you’ve just applied a balm that has sunk into your skin beautifully. It’s so hydrating and lovely to use in the morning.
- La Roche Posay Effaclar Gel Cleanser – I use this 1-2 times a week and dial it up if my skin is having a (bad) moment. This really makes my skin feel fresh and clean, it’s so good for getting into your pores and removing dirt which can lead to breakouts. It is not drying at all and is gentle enough to use everyday I just have five cleansers on the go because I’m extra! When I do have breakouts I always go back to La Roche Posay produces in general just to rebalance my skin.
- Beauty Pie Japanfusion Pure Transforming Cleanser – now onto the ultimate makeup removing cleansers! These are the ones I use at night. This one works best applied to dry skin (I always remove my eye makeup separately first) and start working all over the face. I love the balm like texture and you can see how your makeup just comes away from your skin. After massaging into my skin for about minute I then add water and it turns into a milky texture. I always like to wash off with a wet cloth to make sure all my makeup is removed. Now this cleanser contains Vitamin C which is great but as I have mentioned a couple of time’s before, too much Vitamin C tends to lead to breakouts for me. At one point I was using this cleanser everyday and then using retinol a couple of times a week and I’d always have breakouts! I then realised it’s because then cleanser has vitamin C which was counteracting the retinol but also the two together on my sensitive skin were causing breakouts. That’s why it is so important to check the ingredients properly on skincare products.
- Elemis Pro-Collagen Rose Cleansing Balm – I started using the original of this about a year ago. I loved the spa like scent of it and the balm feels so good! However I was a bit cautious at first as the balm is quite oily and I thought if I used it daily I would breakout but I was wrong and it was absolutely fine! I received the Rose balm in a goody bag recently and wow it smells so good!! Like the Beauty Pie cleanser I think this works works without water at first to break down your makeup as you massage into your skin. I then use a wet cloth to wipe away my makeup and honestly my face feels and smells so good! I love the texture of this cleanser.
So there’s my top five favourite cleansers! A lot of trial and error at first but these are definitely my favourite and I have managed how to use each one according to what type of week my skin and hormones are having.
What are some of your favourite cleansers? Please comment below and let me know. Please be sure to follow me on Instagram (where most of my product review are now) and Twitter for instant updates that go beyond the blog. Also be sure to subscribe to the blog here, so you are the first to know about new posts ♥