In the summer I find that there are a lot more days out in the sun planned, could be FOMOS.* (*that’s the fear of missing out on sunshine) As with most occasions, I want to look and feel great but don’t want to keep touching up my make-up throughout the day. In the summer, I like a pop of colour with flawless skin but also like to look natural and bronzed.
Here is how I would prepare for days out in the sun and the perfect make-up for summer days, whilst taking into account the key trends for the season ♥
- GLAMGLOW Thirsty Mud Hydrating Treatment £34.99 – my skin isn’t necessarily dry but tends to get dehydrated. I like to prepare my skin for being out in the sun and give it an extra hydration boost for that inner glow look.
- RMK UV Face Protector £25 – I am one of those people who wears SPF all year round and obviously when it gets to Spring I start going up to SPF 30+ and then for full summer days out I whack it up to SPF 50. Gone are the days of make-up sliding off your face once you apply SPF and that blue tone to your skin. This is a unique formula which goes deep into your skin and works as a serum under make-up.
- Urban Decay Weightless Foundation £27 – I like to wear a light foundation that gives coverage but still looks natural and feels like I am wearing nothing at all. That’s why I love this foundation, it also gives a semi-matte finish which I prefer on me.
- BAREMINERALS Mineral Veil £17.30 – for me, a bit of powder just locks my make-up in place and takes away any unwanted shine. I love this as it doesn’t interfere with the colour of your foundation, it is almost invisible with the added benefit of SPF.
- Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer £25 – I love a bronzed look in summer, it just looks perfect! This bronzer looks so natural and it illuminates in all the right places.
- Benefit Sunbeam £19.50 – bronzer and highlight go hand in hand and I adore this highlight which gives a golden glow to complete the bronzed look. A little goes a long way, I sometimes mix it in with my foundation for an all over glow and if I want a more subtle look I use it as a highlight.
- BareMinerals High Shine Eyecolour £14.25 – one swipe of this and I’m ready to go with a creamy, golden, bronzed look to my eyes which compliments the rest of my skin.
- Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On £15 – I like defined eyes and these eye pencils are truly long-lasting! After the first 30 seconds of being applied they are not going to budge. I like using the bronzy gold, Scorch on my waterline.
- Stila Stay All Day Liquid Eyeliner £13 – another one that won’t budge and it glides on so easily! One of the biggest trends this season is graphic eyeliner and blue hues…I love this look!
- Benefit They’re Real Mascara £19.50 – for me mascara is an everyday must-have and this one gives you everything you need in a mascara. It lengthens, it curls, it gives you volume and it lasts all whilst making your lashes look natural.
- RMK Colours for Cheeks £26 – with a bronzed look I think you just need a subtle hint of colour on your cheeks but it’s also nice to have the option to go a bit more flushed in the same palette and what’s more I can blend the shades together.
- Bourjois Rouge Edition Lipstick £7.99 – more than anything I just love the packaging of this lipstick, it looks so luxurious! I love the creamy texture which is so long-lasting. I love the shade Pech Cosy, it gives pop of colour which goes so well with the golden tones in my bronzed look.
What are your favourite ways to prepare for days out in the sun and which make-up would you choose? Comment below and let me know.
If you love my blog please nominate me in the #CosmoBlogAwards in the category, Best Established Fashion Blog, Best Established Beauty Blog or Best Use of Social Media or you can enter 3 times and nominate Secret Style File for all 3! Don’t forget to sign up to Secret Style File (top right) to get articles, reviews and news sent straight to your inbox in true fashionista style. If you’re a total socialite then follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram as well. Don’t forget to check the ‘Offers’ page for the latest discount codes and special offers ❤