The launch of every new season is always exciting, even if it means it’s going to get cold. Don’t get me wrong, I am still loving the sun and enjoying summer but with the fabulous new collections launching in stores there is definitely something to look forward to this winter. French Connection have recently launched their new collection, Never Miss A Trick, with some key pieces that are going to make the season. I have picked just a few of my favourites pieces ♥
- Lace Dress, £65 – statement dresses with sheer detailing are a going to be a huge red carpet trend next season. The idea of body tattoos created through subtle sheer details on dresses were seen on the catwalk of Givenchy and Nina Ricci. This dress does just that.
- Leopard Print Clutch, £55 – for me, no winter season is complete without a little animal print and I love the texture of this clutch.
- Croc-effect Leather Heels, £90 – I am a huge fan of French Connections shoes, hence there being 3 pairs in just one style edit. Black heels for winter…enough said.
- Faux Fur Collar, £60 – I love the idea of adding this collar to any coat or jacket and instantly having a fur trim, which by the way happens to be a huge trend.
- Oversized Wool Coat, £225 – if you haven’t seen this gorgeous coat yet, where have you been?? It is the style in the Never Miss a Trick campaign and it just looks so lush! Keeping in with the fur trend, this is a textured wool which has a soft ‘teddy’ feel. The pale blue screams statement coat but in an understated way.
- Molly Suede Knee High Boots, £160- my last grey suede boots were also from French Connection so they certainly know what they doing when it comes to grey suede boots. Also featured in the campaign, they are a definite ‘model off duty‘ kinda boot.
- Fur Trimmed Gloves, £50 – as texture is a huge trend, I have moved on from the classic leather gloves and added a textured twist.
- Crepe Blazer, £145 – a tuxedo style blazer adds an instant touch of glamour to a simple outfit and I love this shade of grey.
- Hand Sketched Collared Top, £75 – fairytale whimsical prints were huge on the Burberry catwalk and I am loving this laid-back monochrome approach to the trend. A simple oversized piece which is so easy to wear over skinny trousers, a skirt or jeans.
- Strappy Ankle Boots, £135 – these are a great everyday pair of ankle boots that can be worn with almost any outfit…love!
- Coated jeans, £75 – in winter you need black skinny jeans or trousers and if they’re coated for added texture, even better.
So there you have it, my top winter picks from French Connection. What are you loving from the new collection? Comment below and let me know ♥ I have been shortlisted for the #CosmoBlogAwards 2014 and I am over the moon! I would be delighted and very grateful if you could vote for Secret Style File here, in the Best use of Social Media category. You don’t want to miss the next article! Sign up to Secret Style File (top right) to get articles, reviews and news sent straight to your inbox in true fashionista style. If you’re a total socialite then follow me on twitter and Facebook as well (still top right) Don’t forget to check the ‘Offers’ page for the latest discount codes ❤